15 February 2010

Web Safety

The Web Safety topic in class was such an eye opener for me! I am still not working as a teacher but knowing how big the responsibility of a teacher in protecting the privacy and identity of a student really alarmed me. I knew we had to protect them but never thought of having to watch out for the safety of a child's personal identity. I too agree with Kathleen in using Web Questing when assigning students homework that requires them to use the Internet. This is only a step in keeping them safe of a crazy world out there. I see that there is more to watch out for, than just the creepy child-predators. I am sure once being a teacher, it will be interesting getting to wear many hats; for we get to be parents, friends, counselors, security officers, etc! :)

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty intense that we have to not only teach but protect! Web Questing is definately a great idea it would keep them safe for sure! It's interesting how you brought up the many roles we play as teachers. My undergrad is in counseling and I went into this program with the intent of eventually becoming a school counselor, I've realized that teachers are the real school counselors.. as well as MANY other things, as you have mentioned! It's really an honor. :)

    ReplyDelete